Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy New Year Crafters! Better late than never ey?

I've been neglecting this blog for a while now (I feel bad), and I can give you a lot of reasons why. But I wont state all of them here because this is my creative space and I intend it to be very positive. :) So let me share my most recent project:
Yep it's Tink! and she is not a mini album hehe


A lot has been going on since late last year and I could sense that my business looks promising this year. I have a lot of plans for 2012 and I hope I accomplish them all. On another note, I haven't been paper crafting for a while now, the only paper crafting I do is when I need to make paper bags as packaging for my items. I've been into claying now and please don't get me wrong, I <3 LOVE scrapbooking and I'm not giving up my stash of goodies for that. It's just that my business is inclined on polymer clay art and I'm even planning to re arrange my scrapbook corner to cater my newest hobby and my job as of the moment. I might show you my set up sometime (hopefully) soon. I still buy scrapbooking products here and there and I'm looking forward to be able to just sit and scrapbook all I want. I might need to schedule that  though haha.

I'm also planning to put up a physical store in a mall near my area but honestly, I'm a little scared to do it, Polymer clay is such a new concept that I dont know how people in our little city would react to it. But we shall see if by the end of 2012 I'd have my own store. For now, I only have it on facebook. I'm planning to post it on etsy too. What do you think?

here's a little bit more of how Tink was created(not a tutorial):
Tink is 2.5 to 3 inches in height, made all out of polymer clay. I used a wire to support her body to make sure that she wouldn't tip over :) next time I'll show u how to make little creatures like her on this blog :) I made her wings sparkle by brushing on mica/shimmer powder on it before baking. after 20 mins (5 min. intervals) in the toaster oven she's ready to catch your attention :) enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. SO. CUTE. Omg you're so talented at that! The details of the figurine is just aaah-mazing! :) I love your blog!

    I followed you, looking forward to more posts :) Would love it if you could visit my blog too and maybe get a follow back? :) Thank you and more power!

    XOXO

    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

    ReplyDelete

ER's Messages

Hi everyone! welcome! feel free to read my blog :) you can ask me questions, suggest things and even requests! :)